Monday 25 November 2013

Wish List vs Shopping bag

About this time every year, I start freaking out realising that I don't have a Summer wardrobe. Considering I am a poor Fashion student living in one of the most expensive suburbs of Melbourne, once again I find myself in a battle of Wish List vs Shopping bag.

I've decided to purchase my Summer Wardrobe online to save a bit of money and I've stumbled upon my new favourite online store The Iconic (theiconic.com) As per usual my first stop once I hit the site was the Sale section. I sorted by prices Low to High & it was love at first sight. Before I knew it I had compiled a Wish list exceeding the $2800 mark. If only that was the budget I was working with! I can afford about 10% of this being completely honest with you, probably less; which brings me to the next stage of my online shopping process, the dreaded CULL!

When you're as passionate about fashion as I am, this can be the most heart breaking process, not to mention time consuming. I don't know about you but I struggle to find reasons not to buy something. I have actually perfected the art of justifying a purchase. Considering that I need to buy a new bed frame, replace the clutch in my car and save for Christmas/QLD Getaway, I really need to exercise some constraint this year.

Before you set out on getting your wardrobe set up for Summer, you need to have a fairly good idea of what look/s you're going to be going for in the upcoming Season and what events you have to find outfits for. In my case I am loving the crisp white on white look that i started buying for a few months ago, I'd like to make it a little more romantic by adding some soft nude pinks and pastels. i know I want some light weight dresses, particularly in the dye, I'm loving tye dye everything! I am also lusting after American Horror Story star Taissa Farmiga's style on The Coven so I really want a maxi skirt and a wide brimmed hat. I'm going to be spending a lot of my Sumer at the beach, so I know I definitely need a bikini and a one-piece. I need some light clothes in natural fabrics so I'm not over heating and I definitely need a Christmas & New Years Eve outfits. Below I've put together some inspiration shots for my wardrobe this Summer.























































Out of the many garments I was lusting after, I managed to cull quite a few. I decided on a One Piece and I'll reuse my black bikini from last year for tanning. A little trick for making use of your old wardrobe is to update your accessory collection. That little black dress you wore with docs and a denim shirt last summer, can be updated with say, a killer pair of heels, rose gold jewels & a white, lightweight blazer. So I'm updating my accessory collection with a few new pairs of shoes, a new handbag, a new hat and a Rose Gold watch. For those really hot days I got a couple of cute, light weight beach dresses. For Christmas day I'll wear the maxi skirt with my one piece as we'll be spending the day by the water, I'll wear the hat and the cute white flats pictured below. New Years I'll be going for the classic Little Black Bandage Dress from Iconic with my Holographic Jeffrey Campbell's, rose gold jewels and bright lips. Now all of tis comes to $211, not bad for an update to my summer wardrobe.


asos.com.au

theiconic.com.au

Total $210



A lot of money can be saved shopping online, I hope this has helped you all & given you some inspiration for your summer wardrobe.

Fashion Images from WGSN.COM

Peace & Love to you all

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment